SUMMARY OF PURPOSE
Tour Guides present historical and equine information to tourists to better the visitor’s experience.
- Carriage Drivers must be familiar with basic horsemanship and must be comfortable around horses
- Carriage Drivers will undergo a 20 hour evaluation before they are allowed to drive on their own
- Learns the narrated carriage tour
- Performs general horsemanship duties such as grooming, walking, and harnessing of horses
- Cleans tack and equipment used on horses and for horse tasks
- Presents information to the public including, but not limited to, facts about the horses, carriage operations, and the History of Fredericksburg
- Ensures the safety of visitors and staff through appropriate knowledge and action
- Performs other duties as required to carry out all equine programming
Must be 18 years of age. Must be able to understand and implement all information as supplied through the equine program instructional manuals. Must be able to lift 50 pounds. Required to learn and present a 45-minute narrated tour. Weekday, weekend, evening and holiday availability also required. Must be able to obtain a tour guide license in 30 days.