Historical Group Tours
Join us for a relaxing, informative carriage tour as we explore the heart of "America’s Most Historic City." We’ll slowly travel through Fredericksburg’s 40 blocks of historic neighborhoods, where you’ll see the quaint streets and picturesque architecture that adds to the city’s unique charm.
We are the most personal and green tour in Town, no more than six adults to a carriage allowing for a unique experience! All Group Tours are giving in our beautiful Amish made wagonettes!
Enjoy a trip back in time during your carriage ride and learn about:
- Market Square and the Fredericksburg Area Museum/Cultural Center
- Dr. Hugh Mercer's apothecary shop
- Rising Sun Tavern - Fredericksburg's only proper tavern and the former home of Charles Washington
- Fielding Lewis and Betty Washington's Kenmore Plantation
- Living history museums that include the home of Mary Washington and law office of James Monroe
- The slave trade and the still standing auction block
- Timeless, gracious homes with lush gardens and picket fences
- The breathtaking churches that include the church George Washington attended as a child
After the tour check out the many unique shops and restaurants still operating in buildings hundreds of years old!
Your tour guide will be a licensed professional with extensive knowledge of Fredericksburg's history and you'll enjoy stories from over 300 years of this city's amazing past. Beat the Heat! Check out our early bird and evening tours in July and August!
Tips are appreciated! Our drivers give 100%!
Walk-up tickets are available at the Fredericksburg's Visitor Center at 706 Caroline Street, Fredericksburg, VA.
George Washington's Fredericksburg Tour
Immerse yourself in the personal history of George Washington and his beloved family and friends! After all he grew up across the river at "Ferry Farm".
Join us for a relaxing, informative carriage tour as we travel in George Washington's footsteps through Fredericksburg’s historic neighborhoods, where you’ll see the quaint streets and picturesque architecture that add to the city’s unique charm. Discover the stories of the extraordinary men and women who were close friends and relatives to George. Find out how they lived, worked and made history in Fredericksburg.
Please call for reservations at 540-271-0094 ask for Chris.