top of page
Frequently Asked Questions!
- Do I need to make a reservation? The best practice is to book online as we are a small company and it is hard to take reservations over the phone, we do except walk-ups!
- Do I receice a receipt for my reservation? Yes, you will receive confirmation, reminder emails and a cutomer portal via a text message. Keep the text handy until your ride.
- How many tickets do I have to purchase when purchasing Private Ride? Only 1 ticket as you are purchasing the whole carriage, it is not sold by individual but by the carriage.
- How often do the tours go out? Our tours go out on the hour usually from noon with last ride ending at 4 pm. We are seasonal best to check availability on by clicking book it button on main page.
- What are your hours of operation? Since we are seasonal our hours of operation vary from month to month and we are closed during Feburary and half of March.
- How long do the tours last? Most of our tours last from 30 minutes to 45 minutes, but it does depend on the speed of each individual horses pace.
- Where do the tours start and end? At this time our tours start at 706 Caroline Street, Fredericksburg, VA which is the Visitor Center. **The Visitor Center will be moving so check before you come**
- What will I see on a carriage tour of Fredericksburg? The Commercial district and historical district.
- Is Parking Available? Yes, we have several parking garages.
- Are all your tour guides certified? Yes all tour guides have to pass a written test and visit all historical sites before becoming a tour guide.
- Can I take pictures or video during the tour? Absoulutely!
- Are your carriages accessible to people with physical limitations? Yes, but we caustion customers to be realistic about their limitations as the carriages can sometimes be tricky to get in and out of.
- What is your cancellation policy? All tours and rides are Non-refundable if you miss your ride.
- What if it rains? We will reschedule or refund due to bad weather.
- Are restrooms available? Yes, we can direct you.
- Can I bring my dog with me on the tour? We prefer you do not bring dogs or pets unless you book the whole carriage. Some customers may have allergies.
- Can I bring drinks and snacks on the tour? Only water is allowed on the carriages, no food or drink.
- How many people fit on a carriage? 6 adults can fit in our wagonette and 4 adults in vis-a-via used for private rides.
- Do you offer tours for private or large groups? Not at the same time we can schedule them back to back.
- Can I book a carriage for a wedding or special event, or be picked up at a hotel or restaurant? Yes, but it has to work into our schedule. It depends if there are rides back to back.
Animal Welfare Questions!
- How many animals are currently under Olde Towne Carriages care? We have nine horses but six of those work in the carriage business.
- How much hay and food is needed to properly provide for all of the animals? Alot! It depends on the individual animal, they are just like people they all need different diets.
- What is used to keep the animals safe from things like insects and worms and to ensure comfortable living conditions? Our horses are wormed on a regular basis and we fly spray them everyday.
- Are visitors allowed to drop by and check on the animals outside of the carriage tours? No, they live at our personal residence and we like to keep business and pleasure separate.
- Are visitors allowed to pet the animals? Yes and No, but please ask the carriage driver first before touching the horses.
- How often are the animals checked out by a medical professional or individually assessed to make sure they are healthy and happy? 2 to 4 times a year and any time there may be a health issue.
- How long do the animals work every day? It depends on the day, slow days they do 4 routes during the day, get a three hour break and do 3 more routes. Total hours worked on any giving day is no more than
- Do the animals ever leave the city and go to the country? Every evening, they are not kept in the City.
- How often do the animals go to the farm, and how much time do they spend there? Again, they live at the farm and spend everyday there, we rotate the horses so at no time are they away from the farm for any length of time.
bottom of page